And I really mean DONE. That’s about all I can say about this project. I’m not particularly happy with it. I haven’t been from the start. I’m stubborn. I should have used it for parts about the second week. But I just can’t start a project and leave it half finished. I worked on other projects, but it just stared at me from the corner of the room.
Now I know that you are all very nice people, and many of you will want to make me feel better about this. As much as I appreciate all your support, there really is no need to try to change my mind about it. I just am not happy with it. So no video for this one. I’m going to plug my nose and post a few last photos, just so you can see how everything finally played out.
I must say though, I feel very FREE!
So…. painting. I don’t usually use spray paint, but this project called for it. I masked off the Fimo spikes, the eyes, teeth, and wings, took it into the back yard, and spray painted the back side orange.
Then I sprayed the front side yellow.
Then I cut pieces of masking tape into various shapes to mask off those two colors. (Yes, this did take a dillion hours.)
I took it back outside and spray painted the project black.
I have to admit, taking off the pieces of tape was fun.
Of course, I liked the color scheme on the back side MUCH better than the front side. I would expect no less from a project that has given me so much trouble.
Lastly, I pulled the tape off of the wings.
I decided that maybe the project just needed a little….something. So I made a little bug for the big bug to eat. A beetle-ish sort of bug.
I wanted him to look a little worried.
I gave the little guy to the dragonfly. It didn’t really help.
True to form, getting decent photos of this piece was impossible. It’s just too busy! Too much contrast in the colors. It looks much better in person. The camera just can’t match what your eyes can see. This angle from the side was the only one that allowed for separation of the head from the body.
When I shot from the front I just got a kaleidoscope of color (reminded me of my college days). I finally quit trying to get that full frontal shot. Sorry. So here he is from the side, a little bigger.
And finally, the other side.
So there it is. Thank you all for your patience. I have been working on another project, more down my usual alley. I can’t tell you how may people have wanted me to make Smaug from The Hobbit. I resisted for a long time. That is until a very sweet woman convinced me that it would be the perfect gift for her grandchildren. So I’ve been working on that on the side. I’ll have something to show you from that very soon.
Make art! (Well, make art that you like!)