Paper Mache “Great Bite” Shark

Well, as is often the case I got distracted from finishing my Drogon trophy.   There was a “Screamer Challenge” to attend to on the Paper Mache Art Facebook page.   I made a Minotaur-ish Screamer for that.   And I’d started this shark a while back and decided to finish it.   So here it is.   I titled this piece  “Great Bite” Paper Mache Shark.   With this first photo I think you can see why I called it that.

Paper Mache Shark

Here is all of him.    He mounts on the wall in the same way as a trophy would, on a long screw.

Paper Mache Shark

“Great Bite” Shark

At the last moment I decided to give him a little Pilot fish friend

Paper Mache Shark-Dan Reeder

Co-pilot

I also finished another project last night.   It’s another non-dragon piece.  I intend to get some photos of that today.  Maybe I’ll post those tomorrow.   And perhaps the Minotaur as well.   I’m going to make time-lapse videos of all of these when I get time.  Just thought some of you might like to see them before they show up on Youtube.

Then I’m going to get back to Drogon.   I have to admit, it’s kind of fun to make pieces that aren’t dragons once in a while.    Thanks for stopping by!

PS.  If you want to see the time-lapse video of this project, you can find it here, http://youtu.be/YTFKbWsVWkw

About danmonsterman

I've been a paper mache artist for many years. Visit my website for instructional videos, galleries, and everything else paper mache. Or visit my WebPress blog, PaperMacheBlog.com.
This entry was posted in Paper Mache "Great Bite" shark and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Paper Mache “Great Bite” Shark

1. Melinda says:

Thanks for getting back with all of us. It is nice to see other items that you are doing. I was thing of you today and your dragon outside. Any update to report on how it is doing?
    Melinda

2. Sue Pearson "Suz" says:

Aww, he’s “great”! love the little pilot fish, thats really cute! Sounds like you are busy as usual, I’m still preparing for a move to Ecuador, been really hard selling and going through waaaay too much stuff and supplies! Can’t wait to see what else you have been up too!

• Hey Sue. Glad you like him. The little project I finished yesterday is better. I’m really happy with it. That’s all I’ll say until I get some good photos. Good luck with your move. It sounds like a lot of work!

3. Debi Priest says:

WOW! Instead of a Screamer, you made a Shredder!! LOL He’s awesome!! And his little friend too!

4. Diann says:

They are wonderful!
    Great Bite looks like he would do just that, take a big hunk out of your body. But when you see him with his co pilot he looks like he is smiling. Great work!

5. Lau says:

Fantastic. Well done! I like your work.

6. agnesannie says:

They are beautiful!

7. Carol says:

Great Bite is fabulous, and all those teeth! Love his little friend, so cute, and gives Great Bite a bit of a personality change. Not quite so scary…

• Hi Carol. Thank you for stopping by. Yes, I wanted this to be a caricature of a mean great white-ish shark with the giant mouth and all the teeth. And then I expected the project to soften considerably with the addition of the little pilot fish. So your comment makes me feel great. That’s exactly what I hoped would happen. Hope all is well down under.

8. Nacho says:

Brilliant! And love the Time-lapse. Is always amazing to see how you come up with ideas on how to use your techniques. Looking forward for all those new updates 🙂

• Hello Nacho. Nice to hear from you! I forced myself to make three non-dragon projects before finishing Drogon, my new dragon trophy. I got all three done. I’m making a video of a new one. Should be finished by the end of the week. They always take so much longer than I expect. Hope you are well. Thank you as always for your support.

9. Jennifer K says:

OMG!! I love sharks! That is awesome, as usual! How have the cats been enjoying their enclosure?? Happy holidays to you and your family! Jennifer

• Hi Jennifer. Nice to hear from you! Glad you like the shark. The cats still go outside for a little bit each day, but they don’t stay out as long now that it’s colder. Max goes to the cat house in the back yard and waits for me to come out and pet him. He is so affectionate out there, more so than when he’s in the house. Strange. Take care

10. Sue G says:

I love this shark, I was given the task of making one myself but of just the head for a Halloween party. I have been searching online and your shark is absolutely amazing. Is there anyway that you can tell me what you used for the teeth and what you used around the teeth it looks so life like. Your work is amazing!!