Hi all. Thank you so much for your patience. Over the last two months it seemed as though the cosmos conspired against my doing art. I finally got enough of my revised website together to relax a little and get back to my art. I decided to play around with some different textures for the scales. So I made some fancy spitwads out of toilet paper, commercial paper mache, and white glue. I rolled them into various sized balls. Then I started squishing them onto Drogon. First under the eyes…
…then on the rest of the face. After that I used bigger spitwads on the neck.
I’ve never done this before so I just stuck them on in a rather random pattern. I wanted the sizes of the spitwads to vary. It’s a little hard to see in this photo how they all fit together. I think it will look great once it’s painted and blackwashed to accentuate the individual spitwads.
PS. I do have a little secret project going as well. I can’t tell you about it right now. But you will be the first to know.