Hello everyone. It is so nice to have a blog post about paper mache rather than about my technology woes. I have been doing art in the midst of all the goofy stuff I wrote about earlier. I finished my Drogon trophy. I couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out. I started by just painting with black paint.
While the paint was still wet I added white (below) to the spitwads (gluewads).
Then I painted the spines, and the webbing between them with red paint. In the “Fire and Ice” books Drogon is described as being basically a black and red dragon. And those are the colors of my earlier Drogon renditions.
I had to repaint much of the mouth because I did a lot of work inside (described in earlier posts).
The breastplates started as as a basic gray. I did some washes to them, first red, then blue, then black.
After painting I scraped the paint off of the horns. This is a tedious process, but it’s still easier to paint over the horns and scrape later than it is to try to paint carefully around each horn.
After scraping I did my usual blackwash. But I also added a red wash as well.
Here he is!
Thank you all for your patience with this. I will have more photos later. And I intend to make a time-lapse video of this built. I’ll have that soon.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I was also working on a “secret” paper mache project. I did complete that project as well. I will make a post about that very soon, I promise.
Make art people! I should say…Make art, people!