Just a short little post about the wings. I intended to make one wing, with the cloth added before making the others, just to see if it will work the way I want. Of course I didn’t stick to my plan. I decided to make the top pair of wings. I painted the structure black after I finished. I’m pretty happy with the main structure of these wings. They aren’t as detailed as real dragonfly wings. I knew that would be impossible. But they are analogous to the wings of a dragonfly. That’s all I was shooting for. I’m happy with them, happy enough at least to continue the project.
Next, I have to cover them with cloth. I bought two different kinds of cloth to experiment with. First is this purple-ish colored, sheer kind. I have no idea how purple it will be with only one or two layers. We’ll see.
Then I have this iridescent, clear-ish cloth. Again, very cool in many layers.
Here is a close-up of this cloth. Very cool. Still, I’ll have to play around with both to see how each looks over my wing structure. I’ll let you know.
I’m working on the lower pair of wings now. Eddie saw the camera and wanted to say “hi”.
This is as far as I’ve gotten on this pair. I am happy with the bamboo. I think it gives the organic look I wanted.
More later. Thanks for stopping by!