Time for a little assembly. First the body. I wanted two parts for the body, a barrel chest and a hind quarter. So I cut off the end of the “body” ball and insert a smaller ball into it.
I trimmed the excess hanger from the appendages I made.
I started with the back legs. I cut holes for the legs and inserted the backs of the legs into the holes. Then added masking tape.
As I’ve said a dillion times before, I love having clothes hangers inside the appendages. I make cuts and then bend them into the positions I want. The hangers insure that they stay where I want them. Then I patch with tape. Note that I cut the legs at the knees and patched.
Then I added the front legs. After that I cut a hole for the “neck” piece.
I put it in and taped it.
I did the same with the tail.
And here’s how it looks at this very early stage. I have to say at this point that I don’t sit around worrying about how the finished piece will look. Beyond just knowing I want it to stand, I don’t worry about details yet. I put on the appendages knowing I can change everything later if I choose. You can drive yourself crazy if you overthink it at this stage.
By the way….here is a small side note. I got a notice on Google alert about my dragon-making book. It was being offered on a site called “Geeker.com”. I think most any media you search for lately will take you to this site. It purports to offer you unlimited (albeit stolen) entertainment. I don’t think you actually get any media once you enter your credit card information. What you get is unauthorized charges on your card. I know this because I did a quick Google search “geeker scam”. I went to their Facebook page and added some comments. But they were all deleted quickly. Please don’t fall for this scam! Just had to say.
Thanks as always for stopping by.