Head Mount- Eyes and Nose
I know it’s been a little while since I posted last. But I am posting almost real time and I need to work before posting. Thank you for your patience (except for the guy who wanted to know when the video would be done. 🙂 Of course I’m just like that myself. I want what I want, now.).
So I left off having securely attached the neck to the wood plaque.
Time to start the real fun. First, I attached the bottom and top jaws to the neck using lots of masking tape.
Next, I added some cheeks. This is just wadded paper wrapped with masking tape. For these details I really like phone book paper. It compresses nicely.
Next, I added the eyes. After experimenting with all the eye candidates, putting them on, taking them off, putting them back on, taking them back off, eating cookies, putting them on, taking them off, I decided I liked the ones I made with the clear casting resin. They look the best with lights behind them. I think they also look the best without the lights on, and since the trophy will spend most of the time without the lights on, this was the deciding factor. I did make a slight change to them however. I used a Drummel to grind a small groove where the lens would be. Then I roughed up the part that would be the irises. I’m happy with the look.
First I hot glued some foil where the eyes would go to help reflect the light forward. I glued the little clump of lights (nine I think) in place then used masking tape to secure the eyes in front of the lights.
Then I fashioned some thick eye brows and taped them on.
So here is the basic head.
I also decided to add some nostrils with a few lights inside. This time I used aluminum foil to create the basic shape.
Thanks for stopping by. Horns next!