I’ve done some more work on my dragon-like cat project. More about that below. But first a little sad news. My little cat Eddie died a couple of days ago. He got very sick when Max died, and he never really recovered. He was a wonderful helper in my studio, the star of many of my videos, and a dear companion. I miss him terribly.
Life goes on. Making art helps. So on with the dragon-cat. I decided to add wings to this cat….of course. I always make the “fingers” (still don’t know what to call them) out of pieces of wire clothes hangers. I twist some paper around the wire, then some masking tape. I add strips of cloth mache over these before sculpting to add strength.
I used the extra set of arms for the wings. I started adding “fingers” …
…until I had the skeleton of one wing. Then the second.
I cut holes in the body of the cat and poked the wings into them.
At this point I added more cloth mache to the body and to the hands. It’s just easier to get to some spots before I drape the wings.
I draped the fingers with the cloth in glue. When it was dry I trimmed them.
So here is where it stands for now.
More soon. Thanks for watching!
PS. I am also making a couple more dragon trophies. I can’t seem to stay away. I’m making two that have contrasting personalities. I’ll intend to make one time-lapse video covering the pair. I’ll post something about those later.